It has been a while since my last blog post. My life was starting to get out of control with too many commitments, so I knew it was time to take a hiatus, relax, and decompress for a couple of weeks. I continued to contemplate about what to write next, and as hundreds of thoughts raced through my head, I decided it would be a good chance to let you peer a little further into my brain as I randomly jotted down my thoughts, questions, ideas…
1) There is nothing better (welllll almost) than an amazing plate of spaghetti and meatballs, and nothing worse than a plate of spaghetti and meatballs with not enough SAUCE.
2) Why isn’t there a website where you can buy one of everything? All those times you lost one sock, one earring, one shoe, one glove, or the times when you break a plate, bleach a towel, or whatever other random catastrophes happen in life…it would be great to have a ONE stop shop so I could complete my mismatched pairs. I know socks come in threes these days (ridiculous), so why can’t we just purchase one?
3) MUST bring more food to work on the days I workout in the mornings. This will result in not cleaning out the vending machines in the 3 surrounding counties by 5:00 pm.
4) Why is there braille located on drive-through ATMs?
5) Once I have kids I will have themed dinners at least once a week. I can hear myself now…”You are not allowed to come down those stairs and eat unless you are dressed as a dinosaur.” Hmm at what age does that stop though…don’t want them hating Halloween! And what if they don’t like what is for dinner – could this backfire? Need to think this through further…
6) Women’s-cut athletic gear does NOT fit my body. Are there girls out there who can actually wear the weird flared t-shirts with the awkwardly cut sleeves? Just give me a regular t-shirt and I promise I won’t complain. #tomboyproblems
7) Does anyone still prank people? I could use some more of that in my life.
8) I think the measure of how fit you are should be whether you can fit through your car door when it is only open to the first stopping point. Every time I park too close to a car and can only open my door that far I think “Ahhh yes I still got it!” and most likely feel way more accomplished than I should.
9) Am I the only one who still cuts up bananas to put in my Cheerios?
10) For those of you living in DC: Why is there not a plate made specifically for Jumbo Slice pizza?! Is it just so that the slice looks even more monstrous as it spans across two paper plates? This idea is a gold mine in my opinion.
11) 8- hour work days are completely ridiculous to me. Who came up with this random number and why does it define all of our lives? Let me do my work and then get on with my life rather than thinking I am productive for 8 hours in a row every single day!
12) Why don’t we have an Era Store? The departments could be named the 20s, 30s, etc. with obviously the 80s as the biggest department in the center. That way when you want neon spandex or a scrunchy, you don’t have to look in 15 different locations!
13) Timing is everything. I know this is a cliché but it has been so true for every part of my life. I always have a grand plan of where my life is going the next 5 years, and God continuously laughs at me. I have come to the realization that he has a larger and much more clear view of my entire plan, and if changes don’t happen when I think they should, most likely something better is in store.
14) Everyone’s definition of beautiful is different. It makes me start to wonder if people perceive other things the same way… What if the way an orange tastes to me is completely different from the way it tastes to you…how would we know? My mind is blown as I continue to think of the possibilities.
15) Your career doesn’t define you. Your character and moral integrity does. We need to stop putting so much emphasis on our jobs, breathe deeply, and let the stress pass. I let my work leak too much into my personal life. Holding a door for a stranger or smiling is much more productive.
I think 15 will do for now. All random comments welcome (now you know you aren’t the only one who thinks random thoughts).